Sunday, January 25, 2004

It's almost twelve and I'm in front of a computer when I should be studying for an upcoming exam. So what else is new? Day in and day out, I'm stuck between the dilemma of conflicting interests. There are things I would rather rather do, but do not because they are not what I have committed myself to and it would lay a heavy burden on my conscience should I engage in these interests (rather vague, no?). However, neither do I end up doing very well what I'm suppose to coz I would rather be doing something else. Oh and how this continues. In the end, I end up accomplishing nothing. Tomorrow holds no meaning if it's just a vicious cycle... it's almost scary to think that this is all there is. Trapped in a box... we all are, in one form or another. Or maybe I'm just too stupid or too scared to find a way out of this. All this thinking hurts and I most probably haven't said anything that would make sense. But then again, maybe nothing is suppose to... which would explain why man is the only creature with a sense of humor. Humor comes from the absurd and only we seem to realize the absurdity of things. As Hobbes said to Calvin (from the comic strip of that kid with the stuffed tiger) "If we didn't have a sense of humor, I guess we couldn't react to a lot in life".

....

No comments:

Post a Comment